Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Good News and Bad News....

So which do you want to hear first? When someone comes up to me and asks me, "Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news?" Well, I like I like to hear the bad news first because at least you know something more positive is coming after it. Maybe you like to happy first and then disappointed or sad last. A tisket a tasket a brightly colored basket, it's all the same...it's news!

So...read ahead and then come back if you want to hear the good news first. DISCLAIMER!! I am telling the BAD news first!! Okay so here it goes. Remember how I said sometimes goals need to be adjusted and that is okay as long as you keep the bar high. Well, in the busyness of my week I realized I am not going to hit my goal of WOD'ing five times this week. I forgot I have to go out of town for a class. =o( But, I have located a few Crossfit gyms in Orlando I am going to try my hardest to get to if my conference schedule allows it. 

Wait for it....wait for it.!! ( I tell my students this all the time..they just laugh sometimes) the GOOD news is my Paleo challenge and healthy eating is really working because I am down a little over three pounds in just two days!! BAM!!

I ate great today, although I was a little light headed at times. My coach said I probably should add some snacks in there. I got onto www.roguefitness.com this evening and ordered some paleo beef sticks. I also packed some apples and almond butter to take in to my classroom too. 

Tonight I had mad sugar cravings! I was trying to talk myself out of eating the Frosted Mini- Wheats my family left behind. I did it, I talked myself out of eating them! When I went to throw the box away I had tons of stuff in my arms, including a sports bottle (lid open) full of homemade balsamic vinaigrette. You guess it...I spilt it all over the place! A great big brown smelly puddle on my tile floor! Needless to say my sugar cravings are gone...but now I feel like I'm going to puke! My whole condo smells like balsamic! Even my amazing smelling banana candle isn't strong enough to over power the smell. 

I told a competitive teammate today, it is better to set a high goal! You can always strive to get better than not challenge yourself enough!

Till the next time....put all your balsamic salad dressings in sealed containers! LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment