Thursday, January 3, 2013

Beginnings...

One of my favorite movies is Hope Floats. In that movie there is a saying that kind of goes like this..."Beginnings are often scary, and endings can be sad, but it is the middle that counts the most." Beginning anything new can be kind of scary and hopefully the ending of this journey won't be sad. The sad ending for me is not being able to fit into my favorite Capri's because they will be too big! 

Joey, one of my Crossfit coaches always has encouraging quotes on his Facebook. Today he had this one: 
Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.
I want to embrace this journey. I kept hearing from a family member today, well when you don't succeed this year you can always try again next year. WRONG!! I am going to embrace my team members, my positive thinking, and my coaches and I will succeed this time!! 

Saturday is the first workshop with Kathy, the sports psychologist followed by weigh-ins and measurements. Then we get to complete our first team WOD. So beginnings can be scary, but I am ready and determined to fight this battle!

No comments:

Post a Comment